Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 3: Explain the substantive and procedural interpretations of individual freedoms based on case analysis.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
The right to a speedy trial is a right protected under the Sixth Amendment. Often, that right is waived by the defendant to enable the attorney to fully prepare for the trial. However, there are instances where speedy trial is not waived, and the case is not brought within court-interpreted parameters. Let’s explore this facet of the Sixth Amendment.
You are the district attorney in the State v. Buckner case. You have a press conference scheduled after the announcement of the state supreme court’s decision in the case. Read the information on the case linked in the Resources.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonât have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Construct a statement explaining the decision to the public that balances respect for the court with the concerns of the victim’s family.
Be sure to review the Speedy Trial Scoring Guide to ensure that you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Use the links provided in the Resources to help you complete the assignment.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 2â3, not including the title page or the references page.
- Required number of references: A minimum of two.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.