Jasmine Limited makes a single product, X, using a single raw material P. Standard costs relating to X have been calculated as follows
Standard cost schedule
|per unit (RS)|
|Direct material, P, 100kg at Rs.5 per kg||500|
|Direct labour, 10 hours at Rs.8 per hour||80|
|Variable production overhead, 10 hours at Rs.2 per hour||20|
|Fixed production overhead, 10 hours at Rs.1 per hour||10|
|Standard selling price||900|
Relevant details of this production are as follows.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonât have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- >Company expects to produce 1020 units in month of December 2020.
- >During December, 1000 units of product X were produced and sold at Rs. 975,000
- >90000 kgs costing Rs.720000 were bought and used.
- >8200 hours were worked during the month and total wages were Rs. 63,000.
- >The actual variable production overhead for the month was Rs. 25,000.
- >The actual fixed production overhead for the month was Rs. 9,800.
- >Actual profit was Rs. 157,200.
- 1. Calculate the following for the month of December 2020.
- 1. Sales price variance and sales volume variance