On April 1, Adventures Travel Agency began operations. The following transactions were completed during the month.
1. Shareholders invested $24,000 in the business in exchange for ordinary shares.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonâ€™t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Obtained a bank loan for $7,000 by issuing a note payable.
3. Paid $11,000 cash to buy equipment.
4. Paid $1,200 cash for April office rent.
5. Paid $1,450 for supplies.
6. Purchased $600 of advertising in the Daily Herald, on account.
7. Performed services for $18,000: cash of $2,000 was received from customers, and the balance of $16,000 was billed to customers on account.
8. Declared and paid a cash dividend of $400.
9. Paid the utility bill for the month, $2,000.
10. Paid Daily Herald the amount due in transaction (6).
11. Paid $40 of interest on the bank loan obtained in transaction (2).
12. Paid employeesĂ˘â‚¬â„˘ salaries and wages, $6,400. 13. Received $12,000 cash from customers billed in transaction (7).
Journalize the transactions. (Omit explanations).