Question # 1
Mr. Wilko is a 40-year-old salesperson with a wife and three teenage children. He has recently begun to have a beer at lunch and a few drinks after work to reduce his work-related stress. An economic downturn in the housing industry has reduced the need for new home appliances and his income and sales record has been affected. Several other salespeople have been laid off at his firm. He has been told that if his sales and attendance records do not improve he will be fired. He and his wife are constantly arguing about finances and the children’s increasing demands for money. His drinking has increased to several beers at lunch and continued drinking after dinner. When he returns to work with alcohol on his breath, he is dismissed from his job. He continues to consume alcohol during the day as he attempts a job search. His wife is very concerned, as are his teenage children.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonâ€™t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Mr. Wilko states he is a social drinker and â€ścan stop at any time.â€ť How accurate is his self-assessment?
- What stressors are present in Mr. Wilko’s case?
- Why does Mr. Wilko continue to increase his alcohol intake?
- What changes in liver function can Mr. Wilko expect if he continues to drink large amounts of alcohol?
- Mr. Wilko complains to his wife that all the stress is causing â€śindigestion.â€ť How do stress and alcohol consumption affect GI function?
- Why is Mr. Wilko at greater risk of trauma?
Question # 2
A 50-year-old man has been suffering from substernal pain for the last 5 months, particularly on waking up in the morning. He lost his job a year ago and was suffering from depression. He consumes about 12â€“16 cans of beer every day. He has lost his appetite too and says that eating aggravates pain.
- Is this acute or chronic gastritis?
- What factors may lead to the development of gastritis?
- What investigation should be performed?
- How can the patient be treated?
Present your work in a two- to three-page Word document.
Submit a two- to three-page Word document with your diagnoses.