This assignment requires that you engage with and learn about a culture that is different from your own. The important consideration here is involvement, not just as a bystander or observer, but engagement with people from a cultural group other than your own. Attendance at cultural events or rituals, spending time at places where people from the culture hang out, along with interviews of people from the culture are all excellent ways to engage with the cultural group you select. As you do your field experience, you will also support your understanding of the culture through library research. Examples and ideas will be discussed in class.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonât have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment, students are required to write a five-seven page (double-spaced) paper that includes: (Must include all 5 parts)
1.) A description of the cultural experiences
- Write an overview of the experience (e.g., foods, decorations, stories, etc.)
2.) Analysis of the experience using theories and concepts from the course
- Must cite concepts, key-terms, definitions, and examples from textbook
3.) Support for field research through library resources
- Must cite scholarly journals, books, etc.
4.) A summary of reflections on what you have learned from the experience
- (changed preconceived notions, differences/similarities of your culture)
5.) References/Work cited required!
- Must cite sources in text and in bibliography (4 â 6 Scholarly Sources)