GC&E Assignment W15 â€“ Food and Water Page 1 of 2
BUSN 119 Fundamentals of Business – Winter 2015
Global Citizenship & Equity Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonâ€™t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Food and Water â€“ 40 Marks = 10%
Professor Kerri Shields, firstname.lastname@example.org
DUE DATE: March 15, 2015 in eCentennial Dropbox
Late submission deduction of 20% per day late
For this assignment you will research topics pertaining to sustainability. You will analyze the
use of the worldâ€™s resources to achieve sustainability and equitable distribution at the personal,
professional, and global level. Your professor will grade your submission based on evidence of
thoroughness, attention to detail, deep thought or careful consideration given to the questions
asked, connections made from self to world, and reflection (to think, ponder, or meditate).
Formatting & Spelling (10 marks):
Organize your assignment in an MsWord professional report. This format includes:
ď‚· a title page (containing title of assignment â€“ â€śSustainability,â€ť your name and student number, professorâ€™s name, and date submitted)
ď‚· a table of contents page (TOC)
ď‚· the body of the report (which is organized by headings and subheadings and includes in- text citations where needed)
ď‚· a references page (formatted in accordance with APA style) â€“ you require at least SIX sources of information (four have been provided for you at the bottom of these
instructions to help get your research started)
ď‚· optional appendixes should you wish to include them
Your assignment should be about 5 pages in length (including the title page, TOC, and
Refer to Centennialâ€™s LRC website for APA formatting guidelines at
Criteria (30 marks):
Discuss why the relationship between water and agriculture has to change. This topic pertains to
how society can help secure the global water and food supplies for future generations. Use the
following topics to focus your research and address each topic within your report.
1. Three Issues: Current and possible future global issues occurring with regards to food and water supply. Discuss THREE issues. Why are these issues of high importance to
us? (6 marks)
GC&E Assignment W15 â€“ Food and Water Page 2 of 2
2. Possible Solutions: Proposed or possible solutions to these issues. Discuss why these solutions are or are not viable in your opinion. (6 marks)
3. Equity Across Countries: Will these issues and solutions affect everyone globally in an equal manner? Will certain people benefit? If so, who, why? Can everyone benefit?
4. Opinions and Suggestions: Are you concerned about the global issue of securing the food and water supply? Why or why not? Are there any suggestions you would make to
improve these solutions or offer other solutions? If not, why not? (2 marks)
5. Individual Support: How can you, as an individual support or contribute to securing water and food supplies for future generations? (3 marks)
6. Government Support: How does the Canadian government support or contribute to securing water and food supplies for future generations? Do we need government
regulation to ensure companies move toward more sustainable practices? Should the
governmentâ€™s role in sustainability be the same in each country around the world? Why
or why not? (5 marks)
7. Societal Support: How can society (groups, countries, or as a whole) contribute to securing water and food supplies for future generations? (5 marks)
Websites to help start your research:
Clancy, Heather (September 2014). 13 companies sowing solutions for food resilience.
GreenBiz. Retrieved from http://www.greenbiz.com/blog/2014/09/02/big-data-food-resilience
Neale, Christopher (October 2014). 8 ways Big Data helps improve global water and food
security. GreenBiz. Retrieved from http://www.greenbiz.com/blog/2014/10/22/8-ways-big-data-
Gassert, Francis (November 2013). Why the relationship between water and agriculture needs
to change. GreenBiz. Retrieved from http://www.greenbiz.com/blog/2013/11/05/why-
Brown, Lester (July 2013). The real threat to our future is peak water. theguardian.