Final Project – Industry Analysis.
All of your hard work and relentless efforts have paid off! Your company is doing better than expected. In fact, you will be meeting next month with and presenting to a group of investors to secure an infusion of $100 million in new capital to significantly expand your operations. To prepare for your presentation, you need to conduct a thorough and honest evaluation of your company.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonâ€™t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe your company and its major products or services from economic perspectives using terms and concepts learned in this course. Include such aspects as:
- Market sector and industry
- Market structureâ€”pure competition, monopoly, monopsony, or oligopoly
- Major products and/or services
- Elasticity and the factors that affect their supply and demand
- Other economic characteristics, such as utility, type of good, etc.
- Noneconomic forces that impact sales and profitability, such as weather, business cycles, technology releases, or regulations.
- Discuss the current and potential economic drivers and risks that your company faces.
- Macroeconomic drivers and risksâ€”Using GUIDES, what elements post the greatest external issues for your company and its industry?
- Microeconomic drivers and risksâ€”What internal risks does your company face? (Examples include, but are not limited to: personnel or managerial issues, supply or distribution constraints, production constraints, creating/sustaining competitive advantages (patents, trademarks, formulations, proprietary processes, etc.), technology, etc.).
- What can your company do, if anything, to influence or better respond to these drivers and risks?
- Analyze your industry using Porterâ€™s â€śFive Forcesâ€ť framework.
- Classify each force as weak, strong, or neutral.
- Why did you choose that classification?
- How can your company best leverage this information?
- Present information on pricing practicesâ€”basic and discriminatory.
- What are the more common pricing practices utilized by your company and/or within its industry?
- What types of discrimination options are not being used, but could be implemented?
- Evaluate your companyâ€™s short-term and long-term economic outlooks.
a. Given the above investigation into your company and its industry, what type of outlook (favorable/unfavorable) can your investors expect over the short-term (5-7 years) horizon? b. What type of outlook (favorable/unfavorable) can investors expect over the long-term (8+ years) horizon?
Note: Refer to the course content and use online resources to gather both quantitative and qualitative information concerning your company.