Impact of Medicare on Its Recipients
Medicare has been in existence since 1965, and during the intervening years, its original design has been greatly modified. The recipients of Medicare may have stayed basically the same, but the delivery, types of services, control, and regulations have changed significantly and continue to change.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonâ€™t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For yourÂ Dropbox Assignment, choose two articles related to Medicare from the list below utilizing the resources from the South University Online Library journal databases (for example, Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) and the Internet).
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2011).Â Restructuring Medicareâ€™s beneficiarydesign: Implications for beneficiaries and spending. Retrieved from
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2012).Â Medicareâ€™s role for dual-eligiblebeneficiaries. Retrieved fromÂ http://www.kff.org/medicare/
- Guterman, S., Davis, K., Schoenbaum, S., & Shih, A. (2009). UsingMedicare payment policy to transform the health system: A
framework for improving performance.Â Health Affairs,Â 28, 238â€“250.
- Marmor, T. (2007). Medicareâ€™s politics.Â Journal of Health Politics,Â Policyand Law,Â 32(2), 307â€“315.
- Oberlander, J. (2007). Through the looking glass: The politics of The MedicarePrescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act.Â Journal of
Health Politics,Â Policy and Law,Â 32(2), 187â€“219.
- Zarabozo, C., & Harrison, S. (2009). Payment policy and the growth ofMedicare advantage.Â Health Affairs,Â 28(1), 55â€“67.
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 2- to 3-page report on the analysis of the selected topics.
Your report should also include answers to the following:
- Identify one or two main points from each selected article.
- Explain in detail the issues presented in the articles and their impact on the recipients of Medicare.
- Explain in detail the issues presented in the articles and their impact on the providers to Medicare recipients.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format