Comparison of Armenian Christianity And Orthodox Christianity.
Final Project Research Presentation
- 2 religious organizations or churches: ONE MUST BE ARMENIANS AS CHRISTIANS THE OTHER ONE MUST BE Orthodox Christianity. COMPARE AND CONTRAS. must talk about the fact that Armenians were the first country to officially except Christianity as the official religion of all Armenians (on a legal state level.). You can compare how Armenian christianity differed from Russian christianity (Orthodox Christianity).
- Introduction (about 1 slide). Define what the topic and purpose of your inquiry is:
- Select 2-4 theoretical perspectivesoutlined in the Sociology of Religion PowerPoint (structural functionalist, conflict, feminist, symbolic interactionism) to inform your essay (about 2 â 4 slides):
- Gather your literature to review for this project from four sources — Do your research! (On reference slide):
- Summarize your Introduction(1 slide)
- Literature Review (2 or less slides)
- Discussion (1 slide) This is the main part of your research and it is important that you only discuss what you have presented above â meaning no new information at this point.
- Conclusion (1 slide) â Here, you link your discussion of findings and theoretical ramifications to your introduction.
- Select religions you would like to learn more about or you are simply interested in (Christian, Islam, Judaism, Scientology, Buddhism etc. . . .).
- Or, one that you have experienced in your own life and would like to explore further (Perhaps, like me, you were raised in a family of two religions and you would like to compare and contrast both using the sociological perspective views)
- Religions and churches that you and our text (representing current sociological research) view differently (critiques of the text language and author-bias is allowed).
- Attend services, meetings, or prayer sessions â or, view services online as demonstrated in class on the Church at Rocky Peak website. Take reflective notes, once you have left the service so as not to disrespect the members of this religious group. If offered, pick up any available handout materials, brochures, or pamphlets to turn in with your presentation outline.
- What are the religions selected, definition, views, beliefs, purpose, norms, and rituals and why am I interested in this topic (perhaps you have very little knowledge of a specific religion and would like to compare itâs goals to sociological functions of religion)
- What it is that I intend to explore and explain by reviewing traditional and current research about selected religions. What are the functions of this religion? Which groups of people in society are attracted or drawn to this religion? What is especially interesting or surprising to you about this religion? Is this a âpatriarchalâ religion? What stereotypes are connected to this religion?) Hypothesize: what do you expect to find out about your topic? (âI think this religion closely follows Durkheimâs ideas on social control, social cohesion, meaning and purposeâ or âI expect to find that this religion is consistent with Marxâs claim that religion is the opium of the peopleâ or âI have the idea that those living in poverty are more likely to be members of this religionââ¦)
- Briefly describe the perspective(s) and the relevance to your religions and research questions (example, how the structure-functionalist theory and the feminist theories discuss the patriarchal structure and gendered division of labor within the chosen institutions or does this religion make an attempt in achieving gender parity in leadership or, does this religion discriminate based on class, race, or ethnicity (conflict)? Why is this religious practice considered deviant and by whom (symbolic interactionist? Structural?)
- Analyze your topic using chosen theoretical perspectives.
- Government or organizational website (academic sites, church websites, FBI, census websites, etc. . . .)
- A book written about your topic
- A film, documentary, music video, or TED Talk about your topic
- A peer-reviewed journal article related to your topic
- Any materials from our course
- Restate your topic, purpose, hypotheses, and research question
- Restate your theoretical perspectives used and their relevance
- Explain that you will use current research and data to support your research project
- Perhaps this is a good spot for a video link.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You wonât have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Summarize relevant background information from each of your sources
- And, summarize what other researchers have said or found about your topic (our text is a good place to begin)
- This is the last section where you will introduce other research that apply to your topic.
- Present your findings and explain the significance of your findings as they relate to what you have outlined about in the introduction portion of this presentation.
- Are the findings in your literature review consistent with your original ideas or hypothesis? Or, are the findings in contrast to your hypothesis? Was your general research question answered?
- How do the chosen theoretical perspectives help to explain my findings? In other words â use your theoretical perspectives to address your research question, and your hypothesis.
- Simply summarize your experience and theoretical analysis findings. Do you think you would attend more services? Did you find that the purpose of this selected religion or groupâs purpose is in line with what Durkheim, Marx, Weber, or W.E.B. Du Bois or other sociologists have said in their work?
9. General Project Details:
- Approximately 10 slides in Total (above distribution is merely a recommendation and intended to be helpful, not the LAW!)
- Use bulleted points on the slides and type text of your research in the notes view only â no paragraphs on professional slide shows.
- Please, please use spell check and proofread. A great way to ensure flow and continuity in your work is to read it to yourself or someone else out loud. I always find errors and inconsistencies in my work when I do this.
- Project must have one video link, music, or PSA, or commercial that is no more than 5 to 6 minutes in length.
- The A-projectwill include a logical and interesting mixture of most of the following: some photos, statistics, tables, graphs, videos, theory, research question, purpose, and hypothesis, findings, conclusion and recommendations and be creative, free of errors (spelling and grammatical), consist of approximately 10-slides, and last no more than Â½ hour in total. Q/A session will follow.
- Presenters are allowed to use note cards, however, avoid the reading of the entire presentation, some memory and adlib is welcomed and usually enjoyed by audiences.
- The course text and my lecture material must be used in your presentation and included on the reference slide.
- DOL â distribution or the division of labor is up to the group. Ideally, each member should participate equally, even if they chose not to be a speaker, they can take on a different important role, such as formatting the design and continuity of the PowerPoint Slideshow.
- If you are familiar with and prefer Prezi â that is okay. Just follow all the same instructions.
- If you would like to create a black and white, 8.5 by 11, single page handout for the class â send the file to my email and I will make copies for you. In professional presentations, this is very helpful.
- APA formatting will be followed and a link will be provided as a guide.
- Finallyand this is required for points: At the beginning of your presentation, hand me a printed âPowerPoint outlineâ of your work. This should only be about 2-pages long. Additionally, provide me with the brochures or other handouts from the service you attended. You will be deducted points for not fulfilling this requirement.
Once students have done all of the above, they should be ready to conduct a professional quality and educational presentation.
The research paper option will follow the same gui